If this sounds like the place you want to work? Well read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented:
Surface Pattern Designer
At Marcel Wanders we are always growing, pushing boundaries and trying new things and are currently searching for talented and experienced surface pattern designer would help bring our ideas to the next level.
As a Surface Pattern Designer, you will be work alongside a team of multi-disciplinary creatives on a high-end luxury interior project. During this project you work with the interior/product design teams supporting and developing patterns for multiple surfaces. You adapt, design and assist in the constant development and co-ordination graphics on different materials. Along with the Surface Pattern team you will be responsible for over 300 bespoke graphics ranging from hard to soft surfaces, this includes creating custom artworks for steal, mirror, glass, plaster, wallpaper, carpets, rugs, furniture and textiles. It’s your second nature to look at materials and patterns differently, challenge them and offer new solutions. Interpreting mood boards into tangible ideas while still ensuring high-level results is what you love to do. In this role you ensure timelines and deadlines are met as you are familiar to work under pressure. Working on this one-of-a-kind project, you will be immersed in the world and culture of Marcel Wanders creating a seminal piece of architectural history.
At least a Bachelors degree at a renowned design or fine arts academy
4 - 7 years similar experience
- Excellent Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of surface treatments and materials
- Have a refined eye; sophisticated approach to colour and composition
- Team-player, able to adapt and work with others
- Multi-tasking is your second nature
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and confidently
- Fluent in English
- Living in Amsterdam or willing to relocate
- European work visa (no need to apply if you don’t have EU visa)